I have written about football – or “soccer” – from every continent on Earth. OK, except Antarctica. My work has been published in The New York Times and The Guardian, among others. For eight years I covered the sport for The Sun-Herald newspaper in Sydney. I’ve interviewed Sepp Blatter, been kissed on both cheeks by Mohammed Bin Hammam, and stood next to Leonel Messi in the Barcelona changing rooms when he was 16 years old. I’m the author of two books on football, one of which was made into a documentary film – The Away Game – and won an Italian Emmy. That achievement required I give a speech to an audience in Palermo, Italy, in Italian, a language I speak particularly little of. But I got a few laughs.
- Jadon Sancho & Marcus Thuram, English & French footballers in Germany, offer tributes to George Floyd &… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- Jadon Sancho and Marcus Thuram, footballers in Germany, offer tributes to George Floyd and #BlackLivesMatter allaboutangles.com/2020/05/31/jad… 2 months ago
- RT @LeanderAlphabet: The Premier League is (probably) returning; the Women's Super League isn't. In Spain, La Liga is but Liga Femenino is… 2 months ago
- RT @fairplaybooks: Our May edition of PLAY ON, the e-magazine for fans missing their football, is available from tomorrow. Just $5.99. http… 3 months ago
- “Unless the Premier League pauses and looks seriously at the human rights situation in Saudi Arabia it risks becomi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago