I have written about football – or “soccer” – from every continent on Earth. OK, except Antarctica. My work has been published in The New York Times and The Guardian, among others. For eight years I covered the sport for The Sun-Herald newspaper in Sydney. I’ve interviewed Sepp Blatter, been kissed on both cheeks by Mohammed Bin Hammam, and stood next to Leonel Messi in the Barcelona changing rooms when he was 16 years old. I’m the author of two books on football, one of which was made into a documentary film – The Away Game – and won an Italian Emmy. That achievement required I give a speech to an audience in Palermo, Italy, in Italian, a language I speak particularly little of. But I got a few laughs.
- RT @footballskiFR: Nous entamons déjà la deuxième partie de notre voyage dans l’histoire du football soviétique des différentes Républiques… 1 week ago
- RT @mission_89: READ: Photographer Jason Andrew traveled to Istanbul &met aspiring footballers from Nigeria who had been promised trials wi… 2 weeks ago
- RT @mission_89: “The toughest human beings I have encountered”: Photographer Jason Andrew and the Black Diamonds project https://t.co/WF6Oy… 2 weeks ago
- RT @mbachelard: Furious Frank Lowy launched his own 'corruption' probe into Qatar's World Cup bid, says new book. Spent millions. Found not… 1 month ago
- RT @sportingintel: Sydney Morning Herald look at @BonitaMersiades book and especially 'Project Platinum' ... how (corrupt) Australia then t… 1 month ago